Saturday, August 4, 2012

Picasso! Warhol! Jazz! drunk...


7:05 pm Arrive at the Art gallery with time to spare before the Jazz performance begins. 


7:15 pm Drop by the cocktail bar for some well earned wine.


7:20 pm Greet and compliment the bartender on his well kept beard. 


7:25 pm Delighted bartender recommends a glass of Chardonnay. Yum. Crisp and light. 


7:30 pm Jazz performance begins. I sit back and think to myself what a perfect way to end the week. You can't beat listening to a good live jazz band prior to viewing some amazing artwork on a Friday evening.


7:35 pm Converse with Jenny Tham about the beauty of jazz, the theories behind artwork and how wonderful the wine is. We definitely need to do this more.


7:40 pm Drunk


8:00 am Wake up in bed with the horrible realisation that I am late for work


I am not sure what happens really. I always reflect the day after when I am feeling a bit precious and I want nothing more than a cuddle. I try to figure the precise moment it happens. The moment your vision is distorted, when your speech becomes a bit slurred or your cheeks feel like they are on fire and then all of a sudden everything you drink seems to taste 'really amazing'. It is all over red rover by the time my brain figures it out.




I look back and think to myself, I should have seen the signs and then maybe, just maybe I would not have had that extra drink which tipped me over. Ok you got me, I would not have taken that extra sip that sent me over and then maybe, just maybe I would not have killed all those stick people either. I don't even remember the artwork, just a whirlwind of campbell soup, colourful imagery and distorted paintings of animals. Then bed.


I'm glad that I will be visiting the exhibition again when the Yankee arrives. It will be like my first time again. I might just hold off on that one glass of wine though.


Oh and just look at what I found in the urban dictionary:

Cadbury (ˈkædbərɪ)
Noun
  1. A person who is easily affected by alcohol
  2. Any individual who cannot hold their liquor
  3. Minh

Who is more red?
Go figure.

2 comments:

  1. Your spew bucket behind you on your right. But then I'm colour blind. Nothing is red.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol Oh Gav, thank goodness you never considered disarming bombs as a career!

    ReplyDelete