Thursday, August 12, 2010

Thank you Auntie

I used to call her Auntie every time I came around to hang with Jenny Tham and every time I did come - she would, without a doubt, be happy, cheery and always so welcome. Now that she is gone, all I could think about was how much I wish I had taken that extra step to get past that superficial chit chat, to be able to appreciate all the things that people have said about her, to really have just gotten to know her. But then I thought to myself, well…hang on a minute. Actually I do know her, I know her really well, I know her because I can see her in Jenny and Lisa Tham.

Those values and personality characteristics both women exhibit ? … family oriented, loving, caring, considerate, kind hearted, generous, easy going and many more… That was you Auntie. All of it. I just want you to know that you have left an incredible legacy behind. Not one, but two living and breathing representations of how a lot of us should be but are not. But that’s not all, you left us with one more gift - a reminder for us all to learn not to take our loved ones for granted, that time is not indefinite, to appreciate all that life has to offer and to love everything in it.

So thank you Auntie. You have left an amazing legacy behind, your two beautiful daughters. Through them you will always be remembered.

No comments:

Post a Comment