Monday, May 7, 2012

Writers block

“The inability to write for some period of time. It can be the inability to come up with good ideas to start a story, or extreme dissatisfaction with all efforts to write”

 I revisit my blog page frequently. Sometimes I reread the blogs that I have written but mostly I just sit and stare at the screen. The minutes will tick by and all I can hear in my head is an eerie silence. Plus crickets sometimes. I even saw a leprechaun once. 

 I look at my last blog. April 2011. You would think that I would have so many adventures to write about after my two year fling with England. 

  I do. 

Somewhere inside this unorganized, last minute crazy chick is an anal and methodical woman who needs to have my blogspot in order. I want my blogs to be written as events arise and topics to be categorically arranged. I want each blog itself to be humorous, witty, intelligent and something that everybody can relate to. I want my blog to be in line with the times. I want my blog to be so interesting that people cannot stop reading it from start to end. 

 But lately, I have not even wanted to read my own work. 

 My computer recycle bin, Bill, is full of scrunched up cyber pieces of failed writing. 
 A years worth to be exact. 
 I am sorry cyber bin Bill. 

 How can I possibly write about every single mishap, adventure or travel that I have experienced in the last year? The task is so big and too overwhelming. So too often I close the safari window and seek comfort from face book because I am too anal to write about the present knowing that I did not write about past events to date, well not satisfactorily anyway. 

 So here I am. Finally making myself give up that anal part of me for the sake of writing. 

 And what do you know? Writing became easy again.

1 comment:

  1. Do what I do. Write anything and just post it quickly. Rip it off like a band-aid. Care not what it was like.

    Also just write all you want as drafts and if you're really obsessed about being anal go back and re-edit. Then you can post it.

    ReplyDelete