Wednesday, December 15, 2010

George

I remember it like it was yesterday. It was an early November morning. Cold, crisp and cloudy. Typical London weather. I was up at the crack of dawn for the arranged meeting. I’m not usually good at these things, I was anxious, nervous - slightly skeptical even. So I dragged my two housemates along for backup. I wont say there wasn’t any groaning, moaning or whinging on their part - because there was (and plenty of it!). In the end, I had to promise a nice warm breakfast to shut them up. It didn’t work.

When I first laid eyes on George I got the shivers. Not because it was love at first sight, more because he was really ugly (and also because it was really cold). He must have been a bit cold too because he was blue. I don’t think he liked me at first. He just wouldn’t cooperate, I had to use most of my strength to get him to move! But once he warmed up to me, he became my best friend and also my new housemate. We went home together that very day.

Now, one month later, George and I are like two peas in a pod. I couldn’t imagine traveling to Birmingham or around the city without George there with me. We have had many adventures together (mostly good, some bad). Along the way, we acquired Gary who gave both of us a hard time initially. He kept trying to tell us where to go! But I think it was just a matter of getting used to him because now I can’t see how I can ever live without Gary either.

Sometimes George can still kick up a fuss (especially when I get him to travel at 80mph/120kmh). Speaking of which - he is now giving me the silent treatment. I really can’t get him to start. Sigh. I tried threatening, kicking, yelling, begging etc but he refuses to budge. I am now waiting for the mechanic to come sort him out. That’ll teach him a lesson.

I still love him though.

1 comment:

  1. Heya Minh! It's Daryl ... I mosied on over to your blog from Gav & Christina's. Hehehe it's funny reading your posts & Huy's too for that matter. It's like getting to know you guys all over again :) (Yes especially Huy, because he's the strong silent type)

    Anyhoo, George is cool, I like him :) Well done on surviving on your own over there in the big smoke ... you're living the Aussie dream ;)

    ReplyDelete