Saturday, June 30, 2012

You have smiled for the last time muffin!

Well I guess I saw it coming.

Kuwait was when I first noticed it. An introverted soul, quite content to sit alone and enjoy its own company. I probably should have confronted it then, made it aware that it was most unwelcome. But I didn't. It had chosen its time well, stepping into my life when I was most jovial, happy and distracted by being in another country. Like many cancers in its early stages, it was mostly asymptomatic with very few upheavals to remind me of its presence.

Until today.

I woke up early as I usually did. Carried on with my morning routine as I have everyday. Started to get ready for work. Everything was all in order.

Then I put on my work pants. No wait. I tried to put on my black work pants only to find that there was alot of huffing, puffing, jumping and squeezing. I definitely do not remember that as being part of my usual daily routine.

I also did not remember this...

Yes. You saw right. A muffin. Just the top. A muffin top.

Call it what you like, beer gut, jelly rolls, donut, tyre, chubba but we all know what it is. It is a muffin top. This immediately spurred me into action. Some Jamie Eason action. A 3 month body building program designed to search and destroy smiley face muffin tops. Some people think I am being pedantic, 'Oh it's not so bad, it's cute'. But I know better. Give it time and this little sneaky bugger will consume your entire midsection and become somewhat like the blob and let me tell you this, blobs do not have such a cute smiley face. Infact, they don't even have a face.

See? AND they also consume cars too apparently, not just your midsection.

According to the Australian longitudinal study on women's health, women are putting on an average of 649g per year. So for me, I am 23 years away from being overweight should I let this cute muffin top continue to smile at the rate it is smiling. It seems such a miniscule amount over a 12 month period which is why we often just let it go. But then 1 year becomes 2, then 3, then 4 and before you know it...well just you take a good look at that blob. I'm sure it was a healthy weight once.

Do you still think I'm being pedantic? I think not.

So the Jamie Eason plan can be found online at bodybuilding.com. It not only details a 3 month gym routine but a sensible eating plan too. Something along the lines of eating 6 meals a day. There are many other fitness routines, healthy eating tips and even recipes that can be found on this website. All of this for free. You can decide what will best meet your lifestyle demands. I will definitely keep you updated on my falls and triumphs with the Jamie Eason program in the upcoming weeks.

We all need to take care of ourselves people! That means saying no to the muffin!

No comments:

Post a Comment