Monday, August 18, 2014

Creative writing challenge (Oldie): Short fiction horror

So in the last year or so I have been dabbling in random creative writing challenges. 

I wrote this one a few months ago in response to "What is the best horror short-story you can come up with?"

Enjoy.

*** 
“I want you,” I whispered in to her ear.
 
She gazed up at me totally infatuated with my cocky smile and my grey intense eyes. I had her exactly where I wanted. She was a pretty little thing. Brunette. Just the way I liked them.
 
“We really shouldn’t.” 
 
I responded by nuzzling into her ear, making her gasp. I knew it would not take her long to succumb. They all eventually did.
 
“No. Please stop. I don't want this.”
 
Lies. All lies. They would all resist to begin with, pretending to guard their virtue only to be begging me to take them in the end. I continued to kiss her neck, despite her struggle to push me away. I gently placed both of my hands on her shoulders to calm her and to also secure her incase she tried to run.
 
I liked it here. It was perfect. I would take them on a ‘date’ followed by a romantic stroll deep into the woods. 
 
There is this beautiful lake where you can see the sun set and the moon too if it decides to come out and play.’ I would say. 
‘Oh how lovely, do show me!’ They would always respond.
 
They would all shriek in delight at the view once the woods opened to reveal the lake. It really was magnificent. The stars are always so bright and so clear, never having to compete with any other light since the closest town was so far far away. 
 
She was starting to struggle a bit. 
 
“You are hurting me.”
 
“Have you noticed how peaceful and how quiet it is here?” I asked in a silky voice while tightening my grip. 
 
“Let me go!”
 
“Did you know that trees are natural sound barriers?” I whispered.
 
In one quick move, I had her pinned to the ground. Her flimsy dress had ridden up in the process, revealing her thighs. 
 
“And do you know what that means, my dear?” I continued.
 
Her panicked look excited me. She slowly shook her head.
 
I leant down to whisper in her ear. “It means that noone can hear you scream.”
 
The moon had now risen and was showing its full ugly face. Oh how I loved it when the full moon was out to play while was out to play.  I got a kick out of knowing that the moon had and would be ‘watching me’ commit this act yet it could never reveal my little secret. 
 
I paused to admire the moon before turning my attention back to her. She was facing away from me.
 
“What was it that you said about the trees being a natural sound barrier?” She asked.
 
I was taken aback. By now they were usually beside themselves, hysterical and begging to be let go. But she wasn’t any of these. She was still and she was calm. Her head was still turned away from me.
 
“That noone can hear you scream,” I smirked.
 
She began to slowly turn her head back towards me. But something was wrong. As she turned, the moonlight began to reveal some kind of creature with a distorted and twisted face that had rotting flesh falling off its cheekbones. Her eyes were just black pupils. 
 
I screamed falling backwards off her. Off it. 
 
She or it grinned to reveal sharp shark like teeth. I didn't even have a chance to run before she pounced on me, holding me down with her claw like fingers.
 
She leant down towards my ear. All I could smell was rotting flesh. “That’s what I thought you said” she snarled.

***
If you are feeling creative, write me one. X

No comments:

Post a Comment